Note: Do not touch the lamp or the quartz sleeve with your fingers. Handle by ends only or wear soft gloves.
1. Unplug the system from the electrical outlet and turn off all water supplies to the unit.
2. Carefully remove the lamp connector from the sleeve gland nut assembly to expose just the top of the lamp. While holding the lamp base firmly, remove the lamp power connector. Caution: lamp base can be very hot – be careful not to drop lamp into quartz sleeve as it is easily broken.
3. Carefully slide the UV lamp out of the quartz sleeve and discard according to local regulations.
4. Remove the quartz sleeve by loosening the gland nut and carefully extracting it from unit. Caution: The quartz sleeve is fragile and is easily chipped or broken – use care when removing or installing.
5. Clean the quartz sleeve with a vinegar solution or a readily available scale removal product (Limeaway, CLR etc.)
6. Re-install the quartz sleeve – replace “O” ring if it appears damaged.
7. Install new lamp by reversing procedure described in step 2 above.
8. Slowly open water supply valve and purge air from system – verify that there are no leaks before reconnecting to AC power.
RESETTING THE LAMP CHANGE TIMER
The lamp change reminder timer is reset by disconnecting the UV power source from the AC supply, waiting for at least fifteen seconds and reconnecting to the AC supply with the timer button depressed. The UV power source will emit a solid three-second beep indicating that the reset was successful. It is not possible to reset the lamp change timer unless the timer is in the grace or lamp change alarm mode. If you need to reset the lamp change reminder timer prior to the full one-year time period expiring due to premature lamp failure, there are special instructions included with all replacement lamps describing the necessary procedure.
For Model Numbers: MR180-TP1/100, MR240-TP1/100, MR245-TP1/100, MR320-TP1/100, MR320E-TP1/100, MR400-TP1/100, MR400E-TP1/100, MR485-TP1/100, MR485E-TP1/100, MR600-TP1/100, MR180-TP1/200, MR240-TP1/200, MR245-TP1/200, MR320-TP1/200, MR320E-TP1/200, MR400-TP1/200, MR400E-TP1/200, MR485-TP1/200, MR485E-TP1/200, MR600-TP1/200, MR180-TP1/110, MR240-TP1/110, MR245-TP1/110, MR320-TP1/110, MR320E-TP1/110, MR400-TP1/110, MR400E-TP1/110, MR485-TP1/110, MR485E-TP1/110, MR600-TP1/110, MR180-TP1/220, MR240-TP1/220, MR245-TP1/220, MR320-TP1/220, MR320E-TP1/220, MR400-TP1/220, MR400E-TP1/220, MR485-TP1/220, MR485E-TP1/220 and MR600-TP1/220
Shop UV Dynamics Minirack
For more great information about water treatment, subscribe!